I will be periodically showing things that I have inherited from my Me-Me's house. She passed away recently after being diagnosed with mutiple myeloma just a year ago. It has been a hard year. Even when you have a year to prepare, it is no easier to lose someone close. I am the oldest of 10 grandchildren. I am blessed to have had Me-Me in my life for 28 years and am blessed that she was able to meet her great-grandchildren. Before she knew she was sick, she kept Jay for the first year of his life. She and him enjoyed every moment together. She always said the funniest expressions and had nicknames for everyone (Depending on the context, I was her Sally-bet or My Gal Sal). She would grin really big at Jay and say "You little jack-leg you!"
In just about every room now I have such nice things from her home that make me smile and think of my Me-Me. (Picture below: Easter/Her birthday 2008; A few months before we found out she was sick. She looks pretty stinkin good for 79!)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Come visit Peter Rabbit...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment