On Jay's trip with me he saw all kinds of fun things that HE liked. I kept gently reminding him..."Do you think BET would like that or YOU would like that?"..."Does that look like a BOY gift or a GIRL gift?", etc. He finally caught on and had fun finding things BET would like. He usually rides in the shopping cart, but for this special trip he got to run free so he could run from thing to thing before deciding on the perfect gift. When we got in the car he sighed and said "That was hard. I saw so many things that I would like... (then, smiling) but I know Bet is REALLY going to like what I got her."
That was fun, but the excitement he had wrapping and giving was even better. JB said they could each open a gift on Christmas Eve Eve and they were both dying for each other to open theirs and they were SO EXCITED when they did. It is hard to describe, but it was SO sweet.

No comments:
Post a Comment