Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Parenting...

My girl Sarah over at Clover Lane vented today.  I absolutely agree with EVERY word of what she said...I couldn't have written the post better myself.  Another word I'll add to these parents that just do what everyone else is doing without even a thought of "Is this right or wrong?...Do my Christian values really support this?" is just plain LAZY.  It's HARD to go against societal "norms", it's HARD to be the parent and not the friend, it's HARD to stand up for what you believe in...but aren't our kids WORTH it?!

It's even more of a reason why when they are little tiny impressionable people we teach them about Family Rules and Family Values (Proverbs 22:6).

The "world" is against us...bombarding us EVERY day with "worldly" values...not "Biblical" values.  I hope my kids will one day find strength by knowing, "This is what OUR family BELIEVES."  So they can sort through all the CRAP of the world and know real rules (Exodus 20) and the secret to true happiness (Matthew 5).

All I can say is, "God help me."  Literally.  Every day.