Thursday, April 28, 2011

The policeman.

I am always quoting "The policeman." when it comes to car rules.

"Why do I have to sit in my carseat?"
"The policeman will give Mommy a ticket."

"Why do I have to buckle my straps?"
"The policeman says so."

Well, today here's is a funny little convo on the way home from school,

Jay:  Betsy has her straps off!
Mommy:  Betsy!  No ma'am.  Put your straps back on!
Betsy:  Why?
Mommy:  If we had a wreck you would be cut right in half!
Betsy (wide-eyed):  Does the policeman have a knife?!
Mommy (laughing from this literal confusion): No, the policeman doesn't have a knife.
Jay:  But he has a gun!
Betsy (quickly putting her straps back on): Well, I better get them back on.  I don't want the policeman to shoot me in the bellybutton!

1 comment:

Johanna V. said...

Hahaha! Annalisse loves to read out every speed limit sign we pass, ask me if I'm going the speed limit, and remind me that the policeman will give me a ticket if I don't go the speed limit. I love the "cut you right in half"---too funny.