Friday, March 19, 2010

So far, so good.

We checked in at 7 am and just got home at 2:00.  The surgery before ours had some complications, so it ran MUCH longer.  Our doctor had to assist in that one, so we had to wait.  Our doctor has a VERY laid-back personality and when he came in to see us before surgery he seemed very frazzled.  That made me nervous.  You know how moms can have freak out moments? Well I thought I was going to have one then, but I didn't...I just thought, "Well, if I had been in an emergency surgery for 2.5 hours, I probably wouldn't be my jolly old self either.  This has NOTHING to do with the fact that he's a great doctor and has done these procedures on kids over and over."

Held back from a freak-out moment.  CHECK!

Other than that, things went very well and smoothly.  Everyone was nice and helpful and our doc was back to his ole self when he came to tell us (after about 30 minutes "in surgery") that things had gone beautifully.

So far all is well.  Jay and JB are hunkered down on the couch watching A Bug's Life (Thanks Auralee!).

No comments: